Security Consultant – Pen Test / Red Team
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Watford, UK
Job Type: Full Time, Experienced – Non Manager
The foundations of Portcullis date back to the mid-80s, providing market leading security services across a wide range of sectors. Now a part of Cisco Security Solutions, Portcullis provides security consulting and testing services worldwide, specifically focusing on expanding the operating region throughout EMEAR to develop exciting new opportunities.
Security Consultants will join the well-established and respected Portcullis Pen Test Team, providing a wide range of services to the world’s largest organisations. Our Team Members come to us from a wide range of backgrounds and skill sets, offering great breadth and depth of experience. Portcullis does not pigeonhole individuals and strongly advocates room for personal growth and continued learning throughout the Team.
Role & Responsibilities
Security consultants provide a range of short- and long-term consulting services, which may include the assessment of client applications or infrastructure, Red Teaming, defining security and risk programs, or assessing compliance against a specific regulatory framework or requirement.
Successful candidates will be responsible for supporting the sale, delivery and management of security, risk, and compliance services. You will also be responsible for service development and the mentoring of more junior consultants.
A successful applicant to this role will be required to:
● Provide information security, risk management, or compliance consulting services to enterprise clients
● Lead consulting teams in one or more key service areas, monitoring and mentoring junior consultants as appropriate
● Scope engagements and support the development of proposals and statements of work, effectively translating customer requirements into an engagement to meet those needs; including completion of accurate project profitability models
● Translate business, industry, and regulatory requirements into information security objectives and associated tactical/strategic information security initiatives
● 2+ years of in-depth information security with specific focus on one or more of the following:
Network Security, Application Security, Red Team Exercises
● Ability to consistently and successfully lead engagements from a technical perspective, achieving customer satisfaction goals
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Strong understanding of industry leading practices in information security, compliance and risk management
● CREST or Tiger Certified Team Leader
● A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
● Experience researching, developing, and applying new methodologies and technologies
This is a demanding position requiring individuals of strong integrity, who are highly motivated, bright, innovative, dedicated team players. In addition to the above, the successful candidate will be encouraged to undertake research and participate in presentations and briefings. The normal workplace will be Portcullis’ offices in Watford, UK, however, working from home is an option. Minimal travel to and working from client locations nationwide will also be required.
To apply: Please send your full CV to email@example.com – quoting reference: “Security Consultant – Pen Test / Red Team” in the subject line.