Tech Consultant – Pen Test / Red Team
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Watford, UK
Job Type: Full Time, Experienced – Non Manager
The foundations of Portcullis date back to the mid-80s, providing market leading security services across a wide range of sectors. Now a part of Cisco Security Solutions, Portcullis provides security consulting and testing services worldwide, specifically focusing on expanding the operating region throughout EMEAR to develop exciting new opportunities.
A successful candidate will join the well-established and respected Portcullis Pen Test Team, providing a wide range of services to the world’s largest organisations. Our Team Members come to us from a wide range of backgrounds and skill sets as Portcullis does not pigeonhole individuals, allowing room for personal growth and continued learning.
Role & Responsibilities
A successful Technology Consultant would be someone with a good aptitude for tech that knows how things fundamentally work. This is is a role for someone that has been very hands-on with technology and really understands it at the nuts and bolts, or bits and bytes level. The aim of this role will be to build upon this fundamental understanding to learn more about security and how it relates to tech. As such, an ideal candidate will have had a large exposure to technology with baseline understanding of security and security principles in the areas in which they have worked, but they will wish to move further in this direction. The goal is to build upon the tech knowledge to become part of the Portcullis Pen Test / Red Team. Ideal candidates will have been exposed to security at some level and pursued the interests they have discovered as part of their normal role.
A successful applicant to this role will be required to:
● Provide information security, risk management, or compliance consulting services to enterprise clients
● Participate in consulting teams in one or more key service areas, monitoring and mentoring junior consultants as appropriate
● Learn to scope engagements and support the development of proposals and statements of work, effectively translating customer requirements into an engagement to meet those needs; including completion of accurate project profitability models
● Translate business, industry, and regulatory requirements into information security objectives and associated tactical/strategic information security initiatives
● 5+ years of working with tech in a similar role to:
- System Architect
- Sys Admin
- Hardware Designer
● Ability to consistently and successfully lead engagements from a technical perspective, achieving end user satisfaction goals
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Certifications in technology or security areas are preferred but not essential
● Bachelors Degree in a Technical Field
This is a demanding position requiring individuals of strong integrity, who are highly motivated, bright, innovative, dedicated team players. In addition to the above, the successful candidate will be encouraged to undertake research and participate in presentations and briefings. The normal workplace will be Portcullis’ offices in Watford, UK, however, working from home is an option. Minimal travel to and working from client locations nationwide will also be required.